My company is based in the UK, in Derbyshire's Amber Valley, where I hand craft beautiful bridal accessories.
My name is Mary Ann, I am the creative director of Thomasina Brides and I can honestly say that I love my job! I get to spend my time creating beautiful items for people to use or wear on their wedding day. I love getting feedback from our brides after their special day and seeing photographs of them wearing my tiaras, vintage dresses etc, looking so beautiful and happy. It's what it's all about.
You could say that I have natural creative talent since I have always had a need to be making something, usually out of some form of textiles. Taught to crochet, knit and sew as a girl, my hands are always busy. So of course when planning my own wedding it felt right to make many of the accessories myself. Since then I have been asked by friends and family to make various items for their own weddings, and an idea began to form. Therefore when an opportunity presented itself to set up my own business selling my hand crafted wedding accessories I went full steam ahead and took it. What nicer way, I thought, to spend my working days than creating items to enhance a couple's wedding; and so it has proved to be!
Here at Thomasina Brides we are conscious of the impact we make on the environment and are careful to keep it to a minimum. We are an environmentally friendly company. The vintage nature of many of our products means that we are already in the process of recycling, (or re-using/upcycling).
Thomasina Brides is committed to leading the wedding industry in minimising the impact of it's activities on the environment. The key points of its strategy to achieve this are:
- Minimising waste by evaluating our operations and ensuring we are as efficient as possible.
- Minimising toxic emissions through the selection and use of our transport and the source of its power. We use renewable energy sources and green courier companies.
- We actively recycle any waste that we cannot re-use where the facilities are available.
- In 2018 Thomasina Brides will be launching our environmentally friendly range using organic fabrics,and peace silks. Our product range minimises the environmental impact of both production and distribution.We will be putting into production our own recycled packaging featuring our handmade card made from our own waste paper & card.
- We have calculated our carbon footprint and use a program to offset the greenhouse gas emissions generated by our activities.
© Thomasina Brides